Thursday’s Thing to Love About Being a Writer: the Power of Words

Today’s thing to love is the magic of words combined. Stitched together, words can create a whole that is greater than the sum of the parts—poetry, prose, art in written form.
For your writerly enjoyment, here’s Taylor’ Mali’s poetic satire of the use of speech devices such as “like,” “okay,” and “ya know”:

Like, ya know?

Smile Cheryl

TRANSMEDIA3

This May and June, we’re taking a look at this “new” buzzword in the writing industry, transmedia storytelling–what it is, how it works, and how you can use  transmedia storytelling techniques to reach more readers and provide readers with a deeper, richer story experience. Posts will share plenty of examples, as well as ideas for ways to incorporate a […]

Comments

Aww…I can’t watch it on this computer, since it doesn’t have any sound. Maybe later?

You can get the gist without sound–it’s kind of cool the way the words scroll/appear on the screen–but the sound definitely contributes to the full affect!

2. Howard Dwayne says

Ya know what, I dig that video. LOL :-) That is the most creative, poetic and coolest thing I have come across so far.

Which can create some thing with the words,he is great for us. Because we can learn some thing from him.

Oh, that’s pretty darn close to perfect! I’ll have to post that one soon myself. :-)

Most notably, tthe edgy Lee, whosse “drum roller coaster” has thrilled audiences around the world, has decideed to put down the drum sticks and ppick up the
    turntables to take on the fmiliar world of nightclubs and babes, as he tours with EDM production partner,DJ Aero.
    99 at moxt toy stores annd is appropriate for builders ovr the age of five.
    Printer supplies are always a must have within any business.

my weblog :: Xe lu