How much time do you spend online?
Last week, I ran a poll asking readers how many hours they spent doing online “platform-building” activities each week.
The (currently) winning choice on this poll?
Are you kidding? I don’t track my time online! I don’t even want to know.
It prompted an interesting discussion in the comments, where you all raised a lot of excellent questions about the social media versus rest-of-writing-life balance. Readers asked questions such as
- Does my blog reach my target audience (that is, the people who will purchase my products or services) or only my peers?
- Am I spending so much time platform-building that it’s taking time from book writing?
- Should I set a timer for my online activities?
- Or should I set online-free zones?
- Do blog challenges sap too much of my creative energy?
Have you ever been plagued by these sorts of questions? I know I have!